Spring is here! The clocks went back last weekend and I for one couldn’t be happier for the longer days and lighter nights. Are you ready to come out of hibernation and spring into spring? Here are some of my top tips:
1. Take some time to review the goals you set at the beginning of 2016 – are you making progress as planned? If not, don’t get discouraged – health and fitness goals in particular are notoriously difficult to keep to during the cold, dark winter months. But with the sun now peeping out from behind the clouds and the mercury beginning to rise ever so slightly, you’re much more likely to keep to a new health and fitness regime. Lace up those running trainers and hop to it!
2. Overhaul your make up products and routine. Some products, such as liquid foundation, are more suited to our skin when the weather is cold and windy. Spring, however, signals a need for lighter coverage, and of course that all-important SPF. Now is also a great time to add a bit of colour – a peach coloured lipstick, perhaps, or a lick of coral nail polish on your toes before you slip them into your favourite pair of sandals for the first time this year.
3. Do a bit of traditional spring cleaning. Clear out the clutter, donate unwanted items to charity or sell them on eBay. And with a new month right around the corner, why not try the 30 day minimalism game?
4. Take a tour of a gallery. As much as I love galleries or museums, it struck me that I had never – not once – taken a guided tour around one. But why not? They’re usually free, and can offer fresh insight to even the most visited of collections. So, take a trip to your local art gallery, even if you’ve been numerous times, and you might just learn something new.
5. Buy fresh flowers. If your garden is still looking dry and desolate, simply bring the outside in by buying a beautiful bunch of flowers. It doesn’t have to be an expensive bouquet – a simple bunch of daffodils can add a cheerful pop of colour to any room, and they’re certainly appropriate for the season!